About Me

Hello, i'm Annie. I love to read and write. In this blog I will give books grades.

I have categories of books so you can find what you are looking for easily.






Warning: This site is run by a 10 year old so older children's and adult books will not be listed.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cinder  by:Marissa Meyers    B+

Basic View

Cinder is a great story about a cyborg named Cinder. It also is a great take on Cinderella, yet it is fresh and new.  I felt personal connections in this book. For example, I liked every time she observes a situation and makes a quick decision because I find myself doing that in everyday life.. 

summary
Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. She always tries to sell her things at the market. In future Beijing, her stepmother and two stepsisters don't let her feel welcomed into the world. Also, they are tying to stop Lunars (moon people who have evil powers) from taking over.  Another thing is, there is a terrible plague going around and the emperor has it. Since the emperor has the plague, his son Kai has to take over the kingdom. He has to also become the knew emperor because they have no cure for the plague. It could be an A review but it is a complicated plot line. So complicated that it feels like reading three books at the same time and trying to keep them straight.

I recommend this book for older 4th grade - high school age kids. It is a unique story of love and violence but not violence for love but for something a lot different.........


Read Cinder now, read Scarlett tomorrow and then wait for the 3rd Lunar chronicle book to come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment